There’s about 1 month left to submit to issue 20 of Eye to the Telescope, which is being guest edited by yours truly. I have already seen some outstanding submissions, but it’s not too late to get something in for this Family-themed edition of fine speculative poetry.
Eye to the Telescope is the official online journal of the Science Fiction Poetry Association (SFPA). Remember, we’re only looking for speculative poetry, and all poetry must fall under the theme of “family.”
- Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ETTT sub:” followed by the poet’s name.
- Please submit 1–5 poems in English (in body of email or attached as .rtf).
- Include a short bio.
- Deadline: March 15, 2016. The issue will appear on April 15, 2016.
Payment and rights
- Accepted poems will be paid for at the following rate: US 3¢/word rounded to nearest dollar; minimum US $3, maximum $25. Payment is on publication.
- Payment can be made to either the translator or the poet or split between the translator and the poet, as agreed upon in each individual case.
- The Science Fiction Poetry Association normally uses PayPal to pay poets, but can also send checks.
- Eye to the Telescope is an online publication. Therefore, First Electronic Rights (for original translations of poems) or reprint electronic rights are being sought.
Who can submit?
- Anyone writing speculative poetry.