I’m pleased announce that I have been chosen as guest editor for issue 20 of Eye to the Telescope, the official online journal of the Science Fiction Poetry Association (SFPA). The theme I have chosen for this issue is “family.” Family means many different things to many different people, and I think there is a lot of potential for this theme in terms of exploration through speculative poetry.
I hope to see poetry that explores the myriad and diverse ways that define family. I hope to see poetry that challenges my own preconceived notions and definitions of what family means. I hope to see poetry that defines family through emotion. Show me the worlds of the universe through family. I look forward to receiving your submissions!
- Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ETTT sub:” followed by the poet’s name.
- Please submit 1–5 poems in English (in body of email or attached as .rtf).
- Include a short bio.
- Deadline: March 15, 2016. The issue will appear on April 15, 2016.
Payment and rights
- Accepted poems will be paid for at the following rate: US 3¢/word rounded to nearest dollar; minimum US $3, maximum $25. Payment is on publication.
- Payment can be made to either the translator or the poet or split between the translator and the poet, as agreed upon in each individual case.
- The Science Fiction Poetry Association normally uses PayPal to pay poets, but can also send checks.
- Eye to the Telescope is an online publication. Therefore, First Electronic Rights (for original translations of poems) or reprint electronic rights are being sought.
Who can submit?
- Anyone writing speculative poetry.